Thursday, January 31, 2008

Internet Issues

I wanted to let everyone who reads the blog know that I probably won't be posting for awhile. There are some problems with the internet connection in Egypt (for details, check this article: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2004155409_cable30.html), and it's painfully slow to do anything, especially if the interface is complex. If you want to get in touch with me, e-mail is probably the best bet, I can check it sometimes without having to reload too much if gmail's in basic HTML mode. According to the article, it won't be fixed for like two weeks; I haven't heard anything much from sources here, they're all saying no word on when it will be fixed.

If you happen to be, say, my parents, and don't mind making an international call to here the sound of my lovely voice for a few minutes (since Skyping is pretty much impossible right now), e-mail me and I can give you my apartment's landline number and my mobile number.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So.....the internet is broken. Welcome to Egypt!