Friday, May 2, 2008

April 14-19: Kel's Visit

Okay, so after being done with my vacation for almost a week, I have to admit that I'm still not quite back in the swing of things. The prospect of homework is almost too dreadful to contemplate... (unfortunately I'm contemplating it anyway. This blog entry is just a break from researching my paper on the Iran-Iraq War) That's probably one of the reasons it's taken me so long to write this entry; I've been too busy lazing around my apartment doing very little. And perhaps you'll see why after you're updated on how busy I was during the break! This first entry will be about my friend Kel's visit to Cairo. Kel is a high school friend of mine who is currently studying in France, and took her break to come hang out with me here! You can read her insights on the experience at these pages, which are entries in her blog (all of which is worth reading, I think ^^):

A Day in Geneva and a Day in Cairo!!
A-Z of Egyptian Stuff, Plus Food and Shopping!
Ancient Egypt, Modern Cairo, and Alexandria
Egyptian Culture and Stuff

For my part, I had a great time with Kel. We visited mostly places I've been before - Coptic Cairo, the Pyramids, and Alexandria. We did have a great trip to the Khan al-Khalili, which is this fabulously sprawling marketplace which I adore, partially because I actually like bargaining, which I know a lot of Westerners don't. And I bought pretty things! I have to go again before I leave, because I had an idea for something I want to buy for my mom.

Anyway, I don't really know what to say about it that Kel hasn't already said (and would put better anyhow ^^), but pictures, as always, can be found on Flickr. My next entry will be a much more involved description of my Spring break, and a visit from my Aunt Liz, but I'm not sure how long it will be before that because I'm still sorting through the zillions of pictures I took. Until then, maasalemah.

No comments: